Thursday, February 27, 2014

surgery day

Kemeri's surgery has begun. I am continually amazed at her courage. I had to wake her up at 4:15 a.m., & she happily got dressed to head out on our adventure. Her trust in us is humbling.
 
 
Even being bummed that she couldn't have something to drink, she was still smiling.
 
 
When her doctor came in to make a mark on her hand for surgery, she asked Kemeri if she'd like a smiley face or a flower. Kemeri confidently chose both, which the doctor got a kick out of.
 
 
I am anxious to learn what they discover & which route they chose to go today regarding the bone graft.  I'm even more anxious to hold my girl & tell her how much I love her & how brave she is.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm anxious to hear too, and thinking of you - being in the waiting room, waiting to hear that she's in the recovery room, that's a tough tough place to be. WAY harder on you than it is on her, I'm sure!! Hang in there. Sending hugs.