Saturday, January 25, 2014

another beautiful legacy

Last year on Martin Luther King, Jr. day, I did a post on "A Beautiful Legacy".  This past Monday on Martin Luther King, Jr. day, our family began the process of celebrating the beautiful legacy of another great man as well as mourning his passing.  My grandfather left this earth on Monday, January 20, 2014.

I wish there were adequate words to describe what a wonderful person my Grandpa was.  A friend sent me a note that said, "Your grandparents have been such an inspiration in marriage, faith, & family".  This is so true.  They have been married 68 years, have loved the Lord, & have loved their family. 






Maya Angelou said, "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."  I truly believe that I will never forget that Grandpa always made all of us feel like he loved us, was proud of us, loved being involved with us, & would happily do anything he could to help.  I already miss him terribly, but I am so thankful that he was my Grandpa & left this family with a beautiful legacy.


Grandma & Grandpa's 14 Great-Grandchildren

No comments: